Yay for Friday! I look so forward to Fridays then the weekend is gone in the blink of an eye! I also love Halloween. I love the decorations that can be either scary, cute or elegant. I love the excitement of the children picking out their costumes and hoping they get tons of treats and no tricks! Here’s a little treat for you! I made these adorable and delicious pumpkin cupcakes in a jar for a swap that I am in….they were a hit!
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil and eggs until smooth. Add pumpkin, beating well. Add flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 27 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cook completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
Cream Cheese Icing
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 ¼ cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
* If you like a lot of frosting like I do make sure you double your recipe.
1. In a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together cream cheese, butter and salt until creamy. With mixer on low-speed, beat in confectioner’s sugar, ½ cup at a time so that the sugar doesn’t fly all over the place. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy
2. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 1 day.
After the cupcakes are cooled cut each in half horizontally and layer in your jar with bottom of cupcake, frosting, top of cupcake and more frosting and add some sprinkles if you like. Put your jar lids on and tie a spoon around the jar with ribbon. It’s ready to enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from the book “125 best Cupcake recipes by Julie Hasson