I need help! I am so unorganized lately. I want to do everything and haven’t gotten anything done. I am behind on scrap booking, I have a list of recipes I want to try, there are new crafts I want to do. There’s also that other stuff that isn’t so fun like cleaning, dishes and laundry. I think the problem is time. There just isn’t enough of it! So I will just go along as I have been…a little unorganized, but at the same time organized…does that even make sense?
I have a delicious and *key word* EASY recipe for you today. I saw this Pumpkin Mousse recipe on http://itsoverflowing.blogspot.com and thought I would give it a try.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin ( I used my pumpkin puree)
- 1 package instant vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 small tub of cool whip
- Gingersnap Cookies ( I used graham crackers)
- Begin by creaming a package of cream cheese in the mixer for about 3 minutes. Add a 1/3 cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until the consistency is even. Add 15oz of canned pumpkin. Mix until combined. Add 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, a 3.4oz packageof vanilla or butterscotch pudding and 1 cup of milk. Mix for another 3 minutes until consistency thickens. Remove from mixer and use spatula to fold an 8oz. tub of cool whip into the pudding mixture. That’s it. Seriously. Add a spoonful of pumpkin mousse to your dessert dishes, a tablespoon of crushed gingersnap cookies, followed by another spoonful of pumpkin mousse. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
My horrible pictures don’t do give justice to the beautiful color of this mousse.
You know what…I’m not going to worry about organization and getting things done. I am looking at a basket of laundry that needs to be folded, but this creamy, cold and lucious dessert is calling my name!