Happy Wednesday! So it’s starting to get really cold here in Chicago! We’ve been doing really well temperature wise until about now I think. I’ve dug out the hats, scarves and gloves.
Life is so strange. Yesterday in the early evening I went to a memorial service for a friend’s father that passed away. The passing of someone’s loved one has to be very difficult. I thank God I have not had to go through that as of yet. It’s so difficult to see someone in pain and know that there is really nothing that you can say to make them feel better. I do hope that there is some truth in the saying of “Time heals all wounds” but I am not so sure of it.
After I came home I made dinner then of course crafted. I worked on a baby album for a friend that is due soon. I am sooo excited for this friend! She got married last year and is pregnant with her first child. I love making baby things!
Life is strange, it’s a circle of new beginnings and endings all wrapped up. I hope that those who have lost someone find some sort of peace and that those who are giving life are full of joy!
I have a quick soup recipe for these cold winter nights!
It is quick and easy for those nights you want to eat and then cuddle up!
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Place water, chicken broth, tomato soup, chicken bouillon, carrots, celery, peas and orzo pasta in large stock pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.