Feliz Monday! Yes! I got all the rest of my shopping done this weekend. Now I just need to wrap everything. I also put together some of my home made gifts.
Let’s start the week off with a spicy dish! You can make it as spicy as you want!
This pasta dish was deeeeelicious! Everyone at home enjoyed it. I did not make it very spicy because not all of us in my house are on the same level of spiciness. It’s also not really a diet dish, oh well!
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 4 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon; set aside. Stir in flour and Cajun seasoning. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, then cook until thickened. Remove from heat, and season with salt and lemon juice. Return shrimp to sauce, and spoon over cooked pasta.
I went ahead and added some chopped green and red pepper just to try and make it a little healthier. I sauteed the peppers along with shrimp and garlic.
This recipe will definitely be a repeat.
Recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com