Feliz Friday! Wow, my work week is over today! I went back to work on Wednesday and here it is Friday already. I wish it was like this every week!
So my aspiration to lose weight started this past Monday…so far so good. I haven’t injured anyone yet. I have been very good and am actually looking forward to weighing myself this coming up Monday.
This pasta dish was very, very easy. Perfect weekday dinner.
- 12 oz uncooked pasta
- 6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente. When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.
Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, addgarlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.
Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.
Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.
Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.
All 3 of my kids even ate it! I am trying to make healthy meals (with Weight Watcher Points) that my entire family will like. Don’t let the fact that it is a healthy recipe scare you…It’s good!
Since it’s a new year and we are friends now I think that maybe we should get to know each other a bit more…let me tell you a bit about myself.
* I am born of Mexican parents, raised with those traditions, music and food so I do consider myself Mexican (and American too) born here in the US.
* I work full time as an elementary school secretary.
* I have one husband, three children and two dogs.
* If you haven’t noticed yet I really enjoy cooking, baking and crafting (mostly paper crafts).
* I think I am young.
* I would travel the world (if I was wealthy).
* My family is the most important thing to me.
* I hate ironing…I would rather clean a toilet with a toothbrush!
Some of my addictions include:
*Makeup (well, I’m kind of over that now)
* Going to Antique stores (I am currently addicted to buying jello tins).
* ELVIS…I LOVE ELVIS. I have a curio cabinet full of Elvis things. My husband and kids are jealous of him! They think I love him more than them (not!) Ok…maybe if he was alive it would be different…
*Bloody Marys and Micheladas (there is nothing like a shrimp cocktail and a michelada…insert angels singing here).
* Pinterest…need to be on there at least twice a day!
There’s a lot more I can say, but I don’t want to bore you! If you have any questions, please always feel free to leave me a comment! Is there anything that I should know about you? What kind of recipes, crafts, etc…would you like to see here on my blog? (nothing that would get me in trouble please!)
Enjoy your Friday!
Recipe from skinnytaste.com