Feliz Día! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I pretty much just bummed around. I am glad to be back to work after my daughter being sick.
So my husband is on a mission to become healthier and to take me along on the ride. I will definitely try
all most of his ideas.
So here they are:
1. Since our kids are pretty much grown up (the youngest is 11) he wants to tear up the yard and grow organic vegetables. I am ok with that as long as it is a pretty garden (and I mean PRETTY!).
2. No dairy products (I can’g to that far…I love cheese too much!)
3. Try to buy organic as much as possible and as much as our finances will allow (I guess we won’t be buying anything organic).
4. Eat more fruits/vegetables as snacks instead of baked or processed items. This won’t be too bad since we are not big junk food buyers. I will just make baked goods with fruit in them!
5.The juicing has begun. He pulled out his Jack LaLanne juicer on Saturday!
6. Exercise more (wish us luck on that one!). When the weather gets warmer maybe I will try walking an hour a day again (as long as my feet don’t hurt).
These are all great ideas and I will try to stick to them as much as possible. OH…one more important thing. My husband forbade me (yes, FORBADE!) to bake and leave the baked goods in his presence. He said I had better take them to work or give them to someone else…what a party pooper! So today I am taking treats to work!
I have had a really hard time sticking to my WW points this week…but I can do this. I don’t think there is anything wrong with dreaming about stuffing my face into a triple chocolate cake. Do you?
Anyway, check out this absolutely delicious meal!
I can’t even describe how delicious this was! I want to lick the screen! This would have been even better with a loaf of bread to sop up the gravy!
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup onions, minced
- 1 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup water
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)