Well, it’s Wednesday…time sure flies when you’re on vacation! It’s been pretty quiet this week here at home. Still organizing the basement a bit. I went shopping for prom dresses with my daughter yesterday and she found the perfect one! My daughter is super tiny so I thought we would find a dress that would need to be hemmed quite a bit, but we were lucky and it looks stunning on her! That is the excitement of the week so far. Pretty boring, huh? I did craft a bit last night so that was kind of nice too.
This recipe for lasagna is yummy! Who doesn’t like some kind of pasta?
Look at all that cheesiness. You just can’t go wrong! You can’t even tell that it’s good for you.
- 11 oz Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles (No-Boil, Oven Ready), about 18 noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 ¾ cups fat free Ricotta cheese
- 1 5-8oz bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 10oz package baby Portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 28oz jars prepared marina sauce (about 6 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously spray a large, non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Saute 3 cloves of garlic until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey breast, oregano, and ½ the salt and pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then add in spinach and cook until spinach lightly wilts, about 2-4 minutes.
- Then pour in both jars of marinara sauce, turn heat to low. Let simmer about 10 minutes, just until sauce is well-heated.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine ricotta, remaining garlic, basil, and the rest of the salt & pepper.
- With a large, 11 x 15 lasagna dish, begin layering your lasagna. Start with a layer of sauce, then noodles (I used about 6), then ricotta mixture.
- Continue layering until all sauce, noodles and ricotta are finished.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and aluminum foil.
- Bake until mozzarella becomes bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take off aluminum foil. Put back in oven and heat until mozzarella begins to brown. About 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I had never used no boil lasagna noodles. I will never go back to those other ones you need to boil and almost burn your skin off with! This is quite a healthy meal and the portions were huge. Just like I like them.
Oh, I almost forgot my weight loss update…I wish I had! last week I noted that I had lost 2 lbs. This week it looks like I gained them back. Maybe my scale was broken last week. Or maybe since I weigh myself in the am I was kind of blind and thought I lost 2 lbs? Pretty sucky!
Recipe from http://www.laaloosh.com