How’s it going? Hope you all had a great week and that today goes quickly so the weekend could get started! It’s going to be a busy weekend and I hope I get to wear these beauties!
Aren’t they gorgeous? I LOVE shoes! I was actually shoe shopping for my daughter but when I saw these my heart skipped a beat! Unfortunately with my feet problems I don’t wear as many different types of shoes as I used to. My feet feel better in wedges and pumps so I couldn’t resist these! I found them for only $5.00 at Shoe Carnival! I couldn’t not buy them! Now I just have to find somewhere to wear them! If I could I would buy tons of beautiful shoes and put them in their own giant dressing room I would!
Let’s move on to something sweet. I made these cupcakes for a my daughter to share at a party.
Orange Crush Soda Cupcakes
13 – 15 minutes (convection oven)
1 cup butter
2 cup sugar
4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 bottle of Orange Crush Soda (12 oz)
1 TBS fresh orange zest
- Butter is best at room temperature. Cream together your butter and sugar.
- One at a time, add in your eggs and beat for a minute more.
- Add in your sifted flour and baking soda, and alternate 1 cup of flour and some of your soda. Till you have added and blended it all together well.
- Mix in your orange zest and vanilla last.
- Pour into your cupcake liners. We use an icecream scoop that scrapes the icecream out. One hefty scoop per cupcake filled it 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (convection oven) And 19-23 minutes regular oven. But watch them. They will not need to get golden brown. Just till toothpick inserted and removed is clean.
- Cool completely before you add your frosting/icing.
1 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/8 cup fresh orange juice
1 TBS orange zest
1 tsp vanilla
(Approx) 1/8 cup Orange Crush Soda
Gummy Orange Slices
- Butter at room temperature beat your butter till nicely whipped.
- Add in slowly your 4 cups of powder sugar alternating with your 1/8 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Add in your orange zest and Vanilla.
- If your frosting is too thick, I added approx. 1/8 cup of Orange Crush Soda to the frosting. Adding a little at a time till I got the consistency I wanted.
- Pipe frosting on your cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with orange slice candy.