It has been a busy weekend here! I worked Saturday then in the evening my husband, youngest daughter and I made it out to have some pizza,Archiver’s and to watch “The Hunger Games”. I didn’t want to see it but then my husband reminded me how I made him go see a movie that he didn’t want to see, so off we went! I thought the movie was kind of slow, but it was really a good movie! My daughter cried and said that it made her really sad. What made me sad was that the theatre was completely full (not one empty seat!) and it was hotter than heck! The funniest thing that happened was that someone threw a big old fart during the movie! I don’t know if it was real or not but it was hilarious! We didn’t get home until about 10:30 and that is the latest I’ve gotten home in a long time…how sad!
On Sunday my girls , best friend and I went out to look for my daughter’s prom shoes and jewelry which we were able to find. All we need is for the day to get here so we can get her all glammed up!
Since the weather has been rainy and dreary here I have a delicious soup recipe for you.
The picture isn’t good, but the soup was good especially at 3 WW points per serving.
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper
1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 cups frozen corn
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional, for topping)
1. In a large pot, saute the garlic, onion, green pepper and jalapeno with olive oil until soft.
2. Add all the other ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Remove the chicken breasts and shred (using two forks to pull the meat apart) after about 15 minutes.
4. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer for about 45 more minutes.
5. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips (if desired).