Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Friday Julissa and I went to dinner with my best friends. She wanted to make sure she saw them before she left to school this coming Friday. I am very happy that she takes these friendships to heart! My Saturday was quite busy do the usual weekend stuff, but yesterday I spent the day at the beach with friends. It didn’t matter that it rained and drizzled most of the day. We still had a good time just being together. I feel horrible! I think I am either getting a sinus infection or just a pretty bad cold. I hate being sick because I feel so run down. I am not a complainer when I am sick so this will be all the complaining I do. I just deal with it and move on!
Since it’s technically still summer I have a great summer dessert.
This was really good. On the original recipe I followed this was called “Better than Sex Cake” but I remember that recipe being totally different. I think it should simply be called Pineapple Pudding Cake since that’s what it contains!
Pineapple Pudding Cake
1 (18.5 oz) package yellow cake mix (do not use the pudding in the mix type)
2/3 cup sugar
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 (6 oz.) package vanilla pudding mix
1 tub non-dairy whipped topping
flaked or shredded coconut
1. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch cake pan, bake the cake according to package directions.
2. Put holes into the top of the cake (use toothpicks or wooden skewers)
3. Mix pineapple and sugar then pour over cake.
4. Cook the pudding according to the package directions and pour over cake. Chill in refrigerator. ( I used instant pudding)
5. Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle coconut on top. (I toasted my coconut first)
6. Keep refrigerated.
This was a dense delicious cake. Nice and easy!
Inspired by http://www.momswhothink.com