Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone has enjoyed their long weekend so far! I took my daughter to Wisconsin on Friday so needless to say that on Saturday I was very weepy. I cried just about all day but that’s all part of it. I have some advice for some of you with small children…don’t hug them, don’t help them, don’t baby them, don’t let them tug at your heart strings because then they just go off and leave you! Just kidding. Do all those things and more because the time goes by so fast!
In all my discombobulation the other day I didn’t post the picture of the BBQ Chicken! So here it is.
A neighbor was nice enough to give me some pears a bit ago and I made this delicious pie. It was really creamy and delicious. I’ve kind of overcome my fear of asking for things. A few years ago I never would have dared asked someone for anything. Now if I know someone has summer vegetables or fruit trees and they don’t know what to do with it I just ask them for some…I think that kind of happens when you start to get old…
Just look at this pie…too bad I didn’t have any ice cream to go with it.
So don’t be shy. Go ahead and ask for fruits and veggies if someone has too much of a harvest. You can make something delicious with them!
Creamy Pear Pie
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, toss pears with sugar and flour. Combine sour cream and extracts; add to pear mixture and mix well. Pour into pie shell. In a small bowl, mix toppings ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F; bake 45 minutes more or until the pears are tender.
Super easy! Enjoy your Monday!
Recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com