Happy Wednesday! These short work weeks are usually the longest ever! I was extremely tired when I got home from work today. I had been off from work for four days. Even though I was busy doing things, I guess I was out of shape for work! Really, I pretty much sit all day! There was grocery shopping to do too so I figured we’d get it over with! I even cleaned out my freezer…pretty productive evening I guess.
Over the summer I had made this recipe and I just kept forgetting to post it. I made it the day my nephew arrived to visit us.
This was a big hit with the adults and the kids. They couldn’t get enough of it. I just loved the way it looked kind of toasty on top!
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (4, 4oz fillets)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Brummel & Brown butter
- 1/2 cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, Greek yogurt, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan, and rub and juice the 1/2 lemon over the fish fillets before you broil them. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 3 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over-cook the fish.
I felt bad because everyone wanted seconds of fish and I hadn’t made enough. I guess it gives everyone something to look forward to because this is a recipe that will definitely be repeated in our house!
Recipe from http://www.laaloosh.com