So it’s Monday…already! This weekend went by super fast. It was a great weekend. My daughter came home from school to spend the weekend at home. I was shocked that this is the same girl who said “I am not coming home until Thanksgiving.” Maybe she missed us…at least a little bit.
I did some cleaning, laundry and dressed up for a Halloween party. I had a lot of fun at the party then went out for a few drinks with my husband. That was nice since it’s not often that we get to go out together alone. I will post a picture of myself in my fabulous Halloween costume in the next few days. If you’ve already opened the Halloween candy bags and could use a healthy meal to offset the candy or if you just need a great delicious meal that pretty much cooks by itself this is it.
I really like beans so I was in heaven with this dish!
Crockpot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 10.8 oz • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 206.3 • Fat: 1.4 g • Protein: 16.8 g • Carb: 31.8 g • Fiber: 9.0 g
- 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained (I didn’t have these so I substituted with pinto beans)
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot. Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
Cook on high 6-8 hours.
I didn’t add any topping to mine but if you do make sure you add those extra points if you are watching your weight. I chose to enjoy a huge salad along with this chili.
This is the perfect crockpot meal to come home to on Halloween night as you give out delicious candy!
Recipe from http://www.skinnytaste.com/