Even though I was off on Monday this week is dragging. I am just exhausted and I haven’t done anything so strenuous. I feel like I’ve run a marathon or something!
Every Thanksgiving I usually buy the packaged rolls that need to be baked in the oven a few minutes. This year I.Will.Not. Make.Those.Rolls. I am determined to make my bread or rolls from scratch. I will make my delicious bread on Wednesday before Thanksgiving along with all my desserts. These particular biscuits are delicious. You can eat them with your meal, dessert, brunch or just a snack.
These were really good slathered in cooked mashed sweet potato spiced with cinnamon.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening until pieces of shortening are pea-sized or smaller. Mix in the sweet potatoes, and enough of the milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and roll or pat out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into circles using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass. Place biscuits 1 inch apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
If you have left over sweet potatoes…don’t throw them out…make these delicious biscuits!
Recipe from http://allrecipes.com/