I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was busier than usual. I went to a craft show Saturday morning with my girls and best friend. It was nice. There was a bit too much “country” stuff for me but other than that it was pretty nice. I had a fantastic dinner Saturday evening with some of my female cousins. Hanging out with the girls is always nice. Sunday was spectacular! Actually it was pretty ordinary but I truly had a wonderful day shopping with my girls and my husband. We had a nice meal out too so I guess I should start eating lots of salad to make up for all the food I ate this weekend! My husband and I also went to see the movie “Lincoln”. It was excellent! You would think you were actually watching a movie made in 1865. Daniel Day Lewis deserves an Academy Award for this excellent movie.
On Thanksgiving day we typically don’t eat until about 6 pm. We pretty much munch throughout the day in anticipation of the big turkey dinner.
This appetizer is perfect for munching on. It’s warm and creamy and oh so dreamy!
Serve this dip with crackers or pieces of French or Italian bread and it’s sure to hold you over until it’s bird time!
Yummy Artichoke Dip
1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, 1 cup Parmesan, cream cheese and green chile peppers. Scoop the mixture into a pie pan or medium baking pan. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned. Serve warm.
You can also substitute the chopped green chile peppers with fresh jalapeños if you want some extra kick in the dip.
Recipe from http://allrecipes.com/