Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Mine was pretty good. On Saturday I woke up with a wicked backache! I thought I was going to faint it hurt so bad. I took some meds and then we ran around to do errands.I was a bit crafty both on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing big, but just a few things I had to get done.
I bought some more eggnog and grabbed some to make this delicious Eggnog French Toast.
This was really good. I wish I’d had some whipped cream to go with it! My daughter ate it up!
Eggnog French Toast
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 slices french bread
- Whisk the eggs. eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease the skillet.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
- Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Serve immediately.
I enjoy making cozy breakfasts on the weekends when I have a bit more time. I just feel all cozy and warm inside!
The weather is still pretty nice here for December so I think there is still a lot colder weather coming so I can continue to make nice and cozy breakfasts.
Recipe from http://allrecipes.com/