So who doesn’t love chocolate? Okay, so my husband doesn’t. But do I really care if he likes chocolate or not when this recipe is
1. Super easy to make
2. Requires very few ingredients
3. Leaves you begging for more
4. Looks super elegant if you really want to impress someone
Even though my husband is not the biggest fan of chocolate I took the risk and made these beauties.
These little cakes were delicious!
This dessert is like magic. How does it stay all gooey on the inside? How do you stop eating it? It’s pretty classy huh?
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
1/2 cup butter
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tablespoons flour
Fresh raspberries or strawberries (I used frozen, thawed cherries)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter and baking chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl then microwave for 1 minute, or until butter is melted, then stir until butter and chocolate are smooth. Add 1 cup powdered sugar then stir until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks then stir until smooth. Add flour then stir until just combined.
- Spray 4 custard cups very well with non-stick spray then place onto a baking sheet. Pour chocolate batter evenly into cups then bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the sides are set but center is still soft (not jiggly.) Let cool for 2 minutes, then invert cakes onto serving plates. Dust with powdered sugar then serve with fresh berries.
I usually tend to make desserts that can be made in 9x 13 pans or round cake pans. It just seems easier when you have a crowd to feed. This recipe serves four, but they are so easy that you can double or triple the recipe to make them for a large group for holidays like Christmas.
Make sure you serve these warm so that you can enjoy the ooey gooiness.
Recipe from http://iowagirleats.com/