What’s going on? Pretty quiet here. It’s been an uneventful week and I should be grateful because that is kind of a good thing. The worst thing that happened was that I went to the podiatrist because my plantar fascitis was acting up. I am really sure you want to hear about my feet. Excuse my french but I am a “shoe whore”. I love shoes!!!! When I was first diagnosed with this horrible thing I rid myself of tons of beautiful shoes. I started buying more expensive, better made sensible shoes to help myself out so of course I have less shoes (though my hubby disagrees). Now it seems that I have heel spurs so I need custom orthotics and if that doesn’t help with the pain I will be moving a step closer to surgery…which I am terrified of getting on my feet! Shoes! I love them! How can this happen to me!? It could be something worse so I really shouldn’t complain so much…thanks for letting me vent! Anyone have any advice?
I am coming into the modern cleaning world by purchasing The Shark mop/steamer. I am getting kind of tired of dragging a bucket and smelly mop around the house. I will be using The Shark for the first time today so I hope it works. I am super excited! I am sooooo lame!
It’s perfect soup weather. I love that it can be made in a giant pot and there is always left overs for the next day. I had some cabbage in the fridge and needed to make something with it so of course I google cabbage recipes and I find this awesome recipe.
Sorry about my ugly pot. This soup was amazing and filling! I couldn’t get enough of it. The original recipe is meant for the crock pot but I adjusted it for stove top cooking.
Cabbage Patch Soup
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 4 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in 1/2
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Ranch Style Beans (with juice)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- Brown ground beef in large pot. After beef is slightly browned add celery, bell pepper, onions and carrots. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except cabbage.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes or until carrots are a bit softened
- Add cabbage and simmer another 15 minutes or so.
- Adjust salt to your liking and serve in huge bowls!
Orignal recipe can be found here http://crockingirls.com/recipes/cabbage-patch-soup-2/
My reading adventures are going quite slow. I am also behind in posting them! I tend to read books that just sound good to me or that have nice covers. In this case I was more drawn to the story. The Joy Luck Club was excellent.
I liked the way the past and the present was woven into this story…it was a great read!