This week my youngest is going to be taking her spring pictures. At our schools children take fall and spring pictures. It is eye-opening to see the difference in our children in just a few months. We bought my daughter a new outfit to wear for he pictures and she is so excited to wear her new clothes!
This week I am continuing to read and learn about diabetes and trying to figure out how to not become diabetic and how to lower my triglycerides…it’s a lot of work! It’s a shame that I like food…I am going to have to start eating a lot more salad I think!
This is definitely not salad. It does have a bit of green…
I could not get over eating this soup! It was the BOMB…a bit spicy but tangy! Loved it!
Buffalo Chicken Soup
1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium carrots, peeled, and cut into half moons
2 tsp. ranch dressing seasoning mix
3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, divided
32 ounces chicken stock
2/3 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1/4 cup green onions, chopped and divided
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Cook orzo according to package directions until about half way done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven.Saute yellow onions, garlic and half of green onions in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until onions are opaque and fragrant. Add carrots and ranch dressing mix and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Stir to combine until carrots begin to soften.
- Add chicken broth, buffalo sauce, cheddar, parmesan and shredded chicken.Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender but still have a slight bite.
- Bring the soup to a boil, add underdone orzo and stir frequently until the orzo is al dente.
- Serve with sliced green onions, blue cheese crumbles and additional cilantro.
When we had this my husband was sweating! It was hilarious! He says it’s because he is so healthy…I think it may have been a bit too spicy for him!