Friday…you got here quickly and for that I am uber-grateful! I have been fighting a cold/sinus thing since last week and yesterday I had the worst of it I think. My Julieta was sick with a belly ache too so it wasn’t a fun day at all! It’s been great and productive week at work and I love days like that! That’s not the same at home! Oh, well!
Cupcakes come in all flavors and with all sorts of fillings and frostings and I am a lover of all of them. These were really good, fruity and different!
Jelly Filled Doughnut Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup each of various jams
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Allow butter and eggs to stand a room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin pans with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high-speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low-speed after each addition just until combined.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filing each about two-thirds full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth batter.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
5. Spoon jelly, lemon curd, an/or marmalade into pastry bag(s) fitted with a small round tip(s). Insert tip into the top of each cupcake Sift powdered sugar over cupcakes. Makes 18 cupcakes.
The beauty of these cupcakes is that you can use whatever type of jelly, marmalade or curd you might have on hand. I had blueberry and apricot.There was no saving of these cupcakes. They were gone in the blink of an eye!
Recipe Source http://mixitup.me/