How has everyone’s week been so far? Did everyone have a great Mothers Day? I certainly hope so!
I spent Mothers Day with my family and we chomped on Italian Beefs and Tortas…YUM! I received the best gift ever!! An iPhone 5! I was so excited! I just went to pick it up yesterday and I am beyond thrilled! I am definitely a lucky mama!
I will be on vacation in about 3 weeks and am super excited about that too! There are no big plans but it will be nice to just do whatever I want with my days.
I have an absolutely awesome recipe for you today. Do you like chicken? Do you like mediterranean flavors? If so then this is for you!
I could not get enough of this! The flavors were amazing!
Greek Chicken and Pita Casserole
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 10 3/4 – ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 6 – inches pita bread rounds, cut into bite-size wedges
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini, soup, onion, broth, 1 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning, and the garlic. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Coat pita wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning. Sprinkle pita wedges, tomatoes, cheese, and olives on top of chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through. Makes 4 servings.