TGIF! And the last day of school! YES! My daughter is super excited that she can sleep in every day now…she must take after her mama!
My kids are all off of school for the summer now. I asked Julieta what we should do all summer and she thinks we should just bake and cook???? Maybe I should tackle pie making? Learn to roll dough. Maybe try all the different tamales I want to learn to make. So many recipes and so little time!
Have you tried couscous yet? My son can’t stand it. I love it. He said maybe he will give it another try since it is so good for you. Too bad he wasn’t here when I made this recipe!
I couldn’t get enough of this!
There’s something to be said for keeping an open mind about things like food. You might find something you really love!
Shrimp with Couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1/2-inch half-moons
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Toss shrimp with salt and pepper. Saute, tossing, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan; stir in mustard seeds. Cook until seeds begin to pop, about 30 seconds. Add leeks, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in couscous, peas, and 2 cups boiling water; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Add shrimp; stir gently.
Don’t be afraid to try new things you could be missing the best things in life!
Have a great day!
Recipe source http://www.marthastewart.com/