I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!
I don’t know about you but sometimes when I cook I get really frustrated because I use so many pots and pans. Yesterday I made my son’s favorite meal and I had to use three different pots. I love meals you can cook in one pot. I don’t mind the cooking it’s more the cleanup that I dislike. In my house I do both the cooking and unfortunately the cleaning!
Just like the title says…One Pot..I love that!
You literally just throw everything in one pot and look how beautiful it looks. Before…
It still looks beautiful!
One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used zesty red pepper flavor)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with parmesan cheese.
When I make pasta I usually just used a jarred sauce. This was so much more amazing to me.I love that I was able to just go gather the basil from our garden. The freshly picked basil gave it a fresh taste. And the cleanup-easy peasy!
Recipe Source http://www.apronstringsblog.com/