I have been looking forward to today since last week. Not only because it’s the last day of the work week but because in an effort to spend more quality time with family (like we don’t spend enough time together already!) we have declared Fridays “Pizza Friday”. We are not going to order our pizza we are making them ourselves! Hopefully this will help me learn to roll dough too! I have already shared how bad I am at rolling dough (especially if it has yeast!) but I have been practicing on little things. Last week we made 2 pizzas one was bacon and the other was green peppers and tomatoes.
Here’s the bacon pizza. I must say even though the dough didn’t rise the pizza was still delicious!
I hope tonight’s dough rises!
These Grilled Chicken Pesto Wraps are perfect for days when you are running around but still want to eat a healthy meal.
I served these wraps with the last cucumbers from the garden.
Grilled Chicken Pesto Wraps
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 lb raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used kitchen shears – it’s faster than using a knife!)
2 tablespoons pine nuts
¾ cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup shredded 2% reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
6 light original Flatouts
1 plum tomato, diced
1. In a large skillet, bring one tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic clove and dried basil and stir into oil. Cook for about a minute until garlic is fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat chicken with the oil and herbs. Cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked completely through. Remove chicken along with any excess oil to a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Bring a small dry skillet over medium heat and add the pine nuts. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until nuts are golden brown.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, water, lemon juice, whole garlic clove, nutmeg, salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor and process until minced together into a pesto paste. Add the pesto to the reserved mixing bowl with the chicken. Add the Mozzarella cheese and mix all ingredients together until well combined
4. Lay a flatout wrap on a clean surface and spoon 1/6 of the chicken pesto mixture onto the center of each flatout and spread the mixture lengthwise, leaving about an inch at each end. Sprinkle about 1/6 of the diced tomatoes over the chicken. Fold in the 1” ends of the flatout over the filling and then fold in the long ends to cover it.
5. Lightly mist the large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium-low heat. Place the wraps fold-side down onto the skillet (I did them in batches of two) and mists the tops with cooking spray as well. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bottom is golden. Flip the wraps and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes until golden on the other side. Cut in half and serve.
Yields 6 servings. WW P+: 7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
What made this such a quick meal for us is that I already had this pesto in the freezer. That cut out quite a bit of steps. I wasn’t counting WW points, but either way it is a delicious meal. It is also the perfect meal to take on a fall picnic, the beach, the zoo, a roadtrip, The possibilities are endless…
What are you doing this weekend? Football parties? Relaxing? Dancing? Whatever it is enjoy it!
Recipe source Emily Bites