Longest week ever! Working two evenings in a week is horrendous! I don’t know how people do it on a regular basis. Well, the good thing is that that is over until next spring!
When my kids were a lot younger we used to have”Friday Night Dance Parties”. We would picnic on a blanket on the floor in the living room or basement and our dinner would be different kinds of appetizers. After eating dinner we would dance and joke around. I miss those Friday nights. Jalapeño poppers would usually make it as part of our dinner on those nights. This quiche recipe reminds me of those fabulous Friday nights.
This quiche was really good and super easy.
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
1 9 inch pre-baked pie crust
1/2 cup cream cheese at room temperature
2 jalapenos, diced
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno, sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread softened cream cheese over the bottom of the pie crust and then sprinkle diced jalapenos over the cream cheese.
- In a saucepan, heat cream and milk over medium heat for about 5 minutes, never letting it come to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Let cook slightly.
- Add lightly beaten eggs to cream mixture slowly, whisking constantly.
- Add paprika and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese and then arrange sliced jalapenos on top of cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown. The quiche will be set and no longer jiggly when it’s done. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve warm.
How about a good read for after the dance party?
This book wasn’t bad. It wasn’t the kind that you hate to put down but I really had to finish it to find out what happened. It’s about two people who each lose a child and that is what brings them together despite them having so many differences. It’s not a bad book but also not the kind that I have to hurry up and finish quickly.
Now that my kids are older they don’t like to have these Friday Night Dance Parties…well, at least not at home with their Mom and Dad!
Recipe source kidsinthesink