I have all my Christmas decorations up! Yay! I always dreaded it because I had so much. Last year I gave away a lot of stuff. It’s pretty manageable now. The next thing to do is finish Christmas shopping and wrap gifts and we are set! I am not totally in the spirit yet but I hope I will get there!
I have totally been craving a turkey sandwich. A sandwich with nice roasted turkey, thick bread, good cheese and of course real mayonnaise. I think I will roast a turkey breast this weekend so I can take care of that craving. By now most people have had their fill of turkey but not me!
I have this last recipe to use leftover turkey in. It was really good!
Lemony Turkey Soup with Spinach and Orzo
- 8 cups turkey stock (you can also use chicken broth)
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (chopped small)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (chopped small)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 3-4 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken (cut a little larger than the vegetables)
- 2-3 large handfuls coarsely chopped spinach leaves (about 3 oz.)
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice