Guess what today is? Yes, It’s Sunday. It is also Popcorn Day. At least according to my calendar it is.
So in honor of popcorn day I decided to make Peppermint Popcorn. It was for two reasons that I chose to make peppermint popcorn.
1. It’s popcorn day.
2. I have lots of candy canes that were left over from Christmas.
This was really delicious!
It’s also really pretty! This would make an awesome gift for Christmas or even Valentine’s day.
How pretty does that look?
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- 8 cups air popped popcorn
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint (candy canes or starlight mints)
- 3-4 oz. red candy melts
1. Air pop your popcorn and spread on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
2. Melt white chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments(stirring in between each) until completely melted.
3. Drizzle white chocolate on popcorn using a spoon. Mix chocolate into popcorn quickly by using two spoons or your clean hands. Be careful as chocolate can be hot!
4. While chocolate is still wet sprinkle crushed peppermint over popcorn.
5. Melt red candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments. Spoon the melted candy into a ziploc bag and cut a small corner of the bag. Drizzle over all popcorn.
6. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until set. Break up popcorn and enjoy!
Happy Popcorn Day!