It’s Monday already? Why must the weekend go so quickly? The highlight of my weekend was spending some time at the mall with my girls then visiting my parents along with my brothers and their families. Sunday was definitely great because my brother cooked dinner. He is awesome at cooking seafood. This shrimp,mussel and langostino dish was amazing!
On Saturday I made Shrimp and Grits that was the bomb! I thought no one would like the grits but the entire dish was a hit!
The shrimp was divine and the grits were nice and smooth.
Shrimp and Grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Bring 3 cups water and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Whisk in grits; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; cover. Keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Add white onion, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; cook 8 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown and give off liquid, stirring frequently. Add shrimp and red pepper; cook 3 minutes. Combine half-and-half and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add broth, flour mixture, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Top with green onions. Serve shrimp mixture with grits.
This couldn’t be any easier. Next time I make this I am going to have to double the recipe!
Recipe from myrecipes.com/cookinglight