This has been the weirdest week of weather! Monday we had snow. Tuesday it was about 43 degrees. Wednesday it was about 50 degrees and sunny. Yesterday it was rainy all day and then foggy as heck. What is going on?
Regardless of the weather I always try to have the ingredients to my favorite drink on hand. The Bloody Mary is an amazing drink. I have had Bloody Mary’s almost at every place I go (that serve liquor of course). I have taken many, many pictures of Bloody Marys. Every place makes it differently. The best one I have ever had was in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin at a bar we had lunch at last year. That particular drink had a sausage stick and a pick with a pepperoncini, olive and pickle. It was practically a meal!
Since we have had a crazy weather week I thought I would share a Bloody Mary recipe that makes my taste buds sing!
- 3 ounces tomato juice
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt
- Ground pepper
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Horseradish to taste (optional-I never use it!)
- Celery stalk and/or pickle spear for garnish
- lemon and/or lime wedge for garnish
- Build the liquid ingredients in a highball glass (or whatever you have!) over ice cubes.
- Stir well.
- Add the seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime and celery or pickle.
AMAZING! I love lemon in my Bloody Mary. It adds a great freshness to the drink. You can make this drink as spicy as you like too.
Have a great Friday!
Recipe source Cocktails.about.com