It’s seems like I’ve just been drinking since Friday but I haven’t! Saturday just happened to be National Margarita Day and I am no stranger to tequila!
A Margarita can be prepared in three ways: neat (like the one I made), on the rocks or frozen. I am not a big fan of sweet drinks. I find that the Margaritas that are made at bars are way too sweet because they are made from the commercial mixes. Those taste nothing like a Margarita made with fresh lime.
When I made this Margarita I was in the middle of cooking and was wearing a sparkly sweatshirt…the only thing missing was the DJ and the guests! It was my own little party! Please remember whether your party with friends or by yourself…drink responsibly!
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (Cointreau is recommended)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- lime wedge for garnish
- Salt or sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- If desired,salt the rim of a chilled margarita glass
- Pour contents, with ice, into the glass.
- Garnish with the lime wedge.
Recipe source cocktails.about.com