This winter does not seem to be getting any better. I have noticed that people are getting crabbier and really have cabin fever. I imagine the first really nice day being a big mess! I can see all the traffic, everyone walking and exercising outside, people just sitting on their porches to enjoy warm sun….OH I can’t wait!
But meanwhile I will keep baking and cooking some hearty meals to fill us up and keep us warm!
These Oatmeal Singles seem like the perfect breakfast to have at home or on the go.
These were so filling. I didn’t even have my mid-morning snack the day I had these because I was quite full!
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Singles
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup peeled chopped fresh apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, egg, applesauce, milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Fold in the chopped apples.
4. Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
These little beauties are WW friendly being 3 WW+ each.
These are great snacks too throw in your bag and take to work or wherever you might be going.
Recipe source Emily Bites