Thanks, Casimir Pulaski! I am off of work today and getting some rest!
I watched my adorable little niece this weekend and I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck. Weird because she is not even walking so it’s not like I was running after her at all! I’m getting old but at least I got some baby time in!
Fat Tuesday is tomorrow and I was sitting here thinking about New Orleans. I was there a couple of years before Katrina and I just fell in love! It was a girls trip and it was super memorable! The food was delicious, the Garden District was dreamy and Bourbon Street was crazy! I did get some beads one night on Bourbon street but not because I was showing any part of my body! I think it was because someone felt sorry for me! We were walking on Bourbon Street. I thought I would get crazy and wear a sheer shirt with a cami under it and I even curled my hair (actually I think my friend curled it for me). Some girl on one of the balconies probably thought “Poor old lady got all fancy for Bourbon Street…I might as well throw her some beads”! Either way I felt great and had an awesome time. I saw things on Bourbon Street I have never seen in my life!
I hope that one day I get to go back there. It was just beautiful and full of history!
I mean who wouldn’t fall in love with this…
To celebrate New Orleans and Mardi Gras I decided to make some Cajun Chicken Pasta over the weekend.
This was so good! Even though I am not a big fan of cream sauces (especially Alfredo sauce) I love the sauce this is in!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 4 ounces linguine pasta ( I used spaghetti)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced (I did not add mushrooms!)
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
- In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
You can control the spiciness of this meal with the amount of Cajun seasoning you use.
Now that I think about it I think it’s time for a girls trip again!
Recipe source allrecipes