It’s Fat Tuesday, so let’s indulge in a little cake! Cajun Cake! This recipe uses pantry staples that I believe everyone would have in their pantry all the time. It is a quick easy cake.
When you pour your frosting over the cake be super careful! When I did it the frosting /syrup was bubbling up all over the place.
The syrup is absolutely lick your fingers delicious!
This cake is moist, delicious. Sweet but not too sweet.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking soda. Add eggs, pineapple and juice. Mix at low speed until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared 9×13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Have topping ready when cake is done.
- To Make Topping: In a saucepan, combine milk, 3/4 cup sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add pecans and coconut and combine. Remove from heat.
- When cake comes out of the oven, Pour on the topping and carefully spread on while cake is still hot.
Go ahead, make the cake, maybe add a dollop of whopped cream if you have it…indulge!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Recipe source allrecipes