Since St. Patrick’s Day is quickly approaching I figured I would make something green. There are so many recipes that are green and mint around St. Patricks Day. I love the combination of chocolate and mint!
This dessert is quick, easy and can be made several days in advance.
I can’t even begin to tell you how cool and delicious. All this requires is three ingredients and some layering.
Mint Oreo Icebox Cake
- 24 Mint Oreo’s (or more)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Chocolate Syrup for garnish
- Line an 8 or 9 inch loaf pan with foil.
- Spread a layer of Cool Whip onto bottom of lined pan and top with 8 cookies (or more if you can). Top with more Cool Whip.
- Continue until you have 3 layers. Top with Cool Whip. Be sure to reserve a few tablespoons of Cool Whip for retouching cake.
- Cover loosely with a foil tent and refrigerate overnight or longer.
- Prior to serving, turn cake out on platter and carefully remove foil.
- Cover any bare spots on cake with reserved Cool Whip, using small spatula.
- Garnish the top with chocolate syrup and chopped Oreos.
- Serve very cold.
If you have enough cookies you can crumble a few and make sure they dispersed in the center of the cake too.
It was a little messy turning it over and getting it on a plate but I didn’t care! It’s delicious!
Recipe Source Tidy Mom