I am soooo glad the week is over! One more week of work and it’s spring break! I hope the weather cooperates!
A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine was telling me about this delicious recipe. Thanks, Kelly! I was kind of like really? Tacos without meat or refried pinto beans? I had to have the recipe! I couldn’t believe it! I couldn’t believe that a vegetarian taco could taste so good! To tell you the truth I didn’t even miss the meat.
This filling could also be eaten by itself or even in bowl with meat and toppings on it.
Quinoa, Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion and saute until golden and tender, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, cooked quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover saucepan with lid and simmer about 20 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in corn and black beans and simmer, uncovered 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Serve warm in tortillas (corn or flour) with desired toppings.
Topping Ideas: shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes,cheese, sour cream, diced avocados, hot sauce, cheese
Have a great Friday!
Recipe Source Cooking Classy