It was a great weekend. I almost wish it would go on for a few more days! Friday we checked out a restaurant that we have never been to but have passed by a million times. We wanted to go to a place for fried fish. The place was pretty busy. Since we had ordered the fish fry it was all you could eat-which was what we wanted.
Two large pieces of fried fish with french fries and cole slaw…delicious. Believe it or not we were each only able to eat our first serving! I don’t know if that’s good or bad!
Saturday morning I must have woken up with a lot of energy! This is terrible to confess but I am not a “spring cleaner”. I just clean stuff when I feel I have to do it. Well, Saturday was one of those days. After getting showered and dressed I marched down to my laundry/utility room and cleaned the heck out of it. I dropped off three large boxes full of things we haven’t used in years at a local donation center. It felt soooo good to purge! After that we went to see The Muppets Most Wanted. It was a great movie. It was perfect for all ages. After the movie we met a friend of mine for an early dinner. I have passed by this place a million times too! The food was good but what I loved was the Salsa Bar they had.
This was only about one-fourth of the salsa bar. Decisions, decisions!
When I cook I like to cook in large quantity. I think it just makes it easier so that there are leftovers or so that if someone stops by they can have lunch or dinner with us. This Meatball Sub Casserole is tasted just like a sub sandwich!
This is a great casserole to serve to a crowd. Just add a salad or a side to it and you are set. The gooey cheese was super gooey!
Meatball Sub Casserole
- loaf of white bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices. (I used French bread)
- 1-lb. pkg. fully cooked frozen meatballs ( made my one meatballs)
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ) Preheat oven to 350.
- 2) In medium sauce pan, place a few table spoons of water, sauce and meatballs. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until meatballs are warmed.
- Place bread slices in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and seasonings.
- Spread cheese mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella. Spoon meat & sauce over bread. Sprinkle cheese.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Pretty easy, huh?
Recipe source chefrecipes