It’s definitely a happy Monday! I am on spring break and today it’s going to be about 62 degrees! YES! Even last night when we left the movie theater the weather wasn’t too bad. My husband and I went to see “The Grand Budapest Hotel.” It was pretty good. I’ve never seen a movie like it before. There were some great actors in it and had an artsy way about it. I loved it!
Since the weather is going to be downright tropical I figured I would post a recipe that is well, kind of tropical too!
These cupcakes transported me to a warm breezy beach! OK, not really… I think I just really want to go on a vacation to the beach!
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups canned crushed pineapple (drained slightly)
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and a light cream color (about 2 minutes).
3. On low speed, mix in the oil and vanilla until blended.
4. Add in the pineapple and sour cream and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Add the flour mixture and blend until just combined and smooth.
6. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners and fill about 2/3 full.
7. Bake cupcakes in a pre-heated 350*F oven for about 22 minutes.
8. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
9. Frost with your favorite frosting recipe.
I frosted my cupcakes with a basic cream cheese frosting and just added a tiny bit of pineapple juice from my canned pineapple.
Have a great day!
Recipe source Glorious Treats