So much to be appreciated!
Teachers should get all the appreciation in the world! Not only do they teach our children academically but they teach them so much more! Their work day ever seems to end because they take so much work home with them. They also take worries with them as well. As parents we should let them know how much we appreciate them! We should not be so quick to complain to them but we should be quick to thank them and praise them for the awesome job they do. I myself have come in contact with the most amazing teachers…that have pushed, inspired and loved my kids! Why not send them a quick e-mail or not just to let them know that you appreciate them? It would be a great gesture!
How about school nurses? They are awesome too! It takes a strong person to do the job when kids have thrown up, have a fever or dare I say it…have lice! Kudos to our school nurses!
Let’s talk about other sweet things like Waffles…they are so good. They can be made so many different ways. Thy can be for breakfast, brunch and sometimes even dinner. These churro waffles were so delicious. They are so reminiscent of the curros that street vendors sell in Mexico. You can find churros almost anywhere now a days! The minute I saw the recipe I had to try these waffles.
Look at them. They are beautiful! So much easier to make than the actual Churro!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 shakes of cinnamon
For the churro topping
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Also at this time you can combine your churro topping and set it aside. Preheat waffle iron
2.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; Next fold in three shakes of cinnamon beat until blended
3. At this time you can also melt your 1/2 cup of butter used to pour over waffles. Next generously spray your waffle iron with no stick cooking spray. Than ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Once fully cooked immediately pour melted butter on each side of the waffle and then dip each buttered side into your cinnamon/sugar churro mixture.
Serve these immediately! These waffles are sweet enough on their own but if you require more sweetness top with some syrup!
Have a great day!
Recipe source chica chocolatina