The weather here was beautiful yesterday! After such a horrible winter they should close school to enjoy the nice days! Yea, that’s the kind of stuff I think about!
I also think about fun and food! This food is fun looking…little muffin sized meatloaf!
These meatloaves were delicious! I have to admit that I could of course eat at least two.
Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 ½ lbs raw ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 6 T dried breadcrumbs
- ¾ t dried basil
- ¾ t dried thyme
- ¾ t oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ a small onion, chopped small or grated
- ¾ t salt
- 1/3 t black pepper
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup pasta sauce
- ¾ cup 2% reduced fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: dried parsley, oregano or basil for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, egg whites, breadcrumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese and lightly mix together. Do not over handle.
- Form the meat mixture evenly into the 12 cups of your prepared muffin tin. Spread the pasta sauce evenly over the tops of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Top each muffin with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and then return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish if desired.
This recipe is WW friendly at 4 Points Plus per muffin, 7 for 2 muffins
I of course had to serve it with a starch so if you are doing WW and you eat with pasta make sure you add the extra points.
Recipe Source Emily Bites