Yea, baby! It’s Friday! Best day of the week.
Yesterday was my son’s 22nd birthday. I can’t believe the time has gone by so quickly. He is twenty-two now and he has grown into a wonderful young man. Unfortunately he hasn’t been feeling too good so we did not get to go out to celebrate. We celebrated here at home with some delicious grilled steaks. This year he didn’t even want cake. He wanted pie so that’s what he had.
It’s so funny because every year it looks like the same picture because everyone has their own “assigned” seat at the kitchen table.
I love one pot meals. They are just so easy and time saving! One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole tastes just like a cheeseburger. It was kind of weird… cheeseburger without the bun but delicious!
This had all the cheeseburger fixings and since my daughters don’t like tomatoes they were picking them out. Their loss because tomatoes are delicious too.
One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, mustard, pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and green onions, if desired.
Recipe source Damn Delicious