How is your summer going? I hope I am posting on my Facebook or Instagram page! Follow me on Facebook at Mi Casa is Your Casa and Instagram @micasayourcasa. I still have a few weeks of vacation left still so I certainly hope that my posts are working out ok.
I have told you before about the obsession Julieta has with all things Asian. When I saw this recipe I new Julieta would just go gaga over it. She did.
This was so tasty. It is definitely going into our rotation of meals.
Kung Pao Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts (I actually chopped mine into bite size pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, dry sherry, red chili paste, sugar, red wine vinegar, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken, peanuts and green onions.
- Serve immediately
Definitely serve this immediately so that it stays saucy. You can of course heat up left overs in the microwave but the spaghetti will soak up more of the sauce as it stands. This was lick the plate good.
Recipe source Damn Delicious