There are times in my house when everyone is going crazy because they want something sweet. If I am testing something to post it on the blog it gets a little difficult keeping them away from whatever I have made. This was one of those instances. I couldn’t even get the cake to a pretty plate.
From this huge close up picture you can see how moist this cake really is. The coconut flavor came through beautifully!
Moist Coconut Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups regular sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 – 6 Tablespoons desiccated / shredded coconut, depending on how you like it!
- 1 3/4 cups Plain / All purpose flour (sieved)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1 -2 Tablespoons shredded coconut for sprinkling
2. Get all your ingredients ready, i.e coconut, sieve the flour, and add the salt and baking powder to the flour etc.
3. Start with making the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar until a pale light colour.
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mixer, on a low speed setting, a bit at a time.
5. Add half the coconut milk with half of the flour, keeping the mixer on a slow speed. Once combined, add the shredded / desiccated coconut, and the rest of the coconut milk and flour.
6. Transfer the cake mixture to the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 1hr and 15 minutes.
7. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven, and prick holes init with a skewer to the bottom of the cake. Gently pour the coconut milk all over the surface of the cake, distributing evenly with a brush if needed. The liquid will be quickly absorbed by the cake. Immediately sprinkle the dried coconut all over so it sticks. You can add as much coconut as you want!
Allow to cool completely and take out of the pan. This was a little tricky! Store in an airtight container.