It’s Monday again and the start of a new week! I have been so busy the last several weeks that I kind of don’t know whether I am coming or going. Tomorrow is the first day of school. I can’t believe my baby is in 8th grade! Julian is officially moving into his apartment tomorrow for his last year of school..YAY!!! Julissa has a couple of or weeks before she starts. This means that we will be more on schedule and I am digging that!!!
I haven’t cooked much in the last several weeks because I’ve been so busy. I found the perfect casserole for those days.
This was quick, easy and filling. Best of all there were leftovers!
I mean who doesn’t love cheesy food?
Busy Day Casserole
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 lb hamburger, cooked (I used ground turkey)
- mild, medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350
- Stir the water, rice, meat, soup and carrots together. place in a 9×9 inch dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- remove from oven and place cheese on the top and place back into the oven until melted.
Easy and delicious!
Recipe source Oh Sweet Basil