Cake. Let them eat it! There are times when I want cake but not the kind that’s covered in frosting. I love cake-all sorts of cake but sometimes less is more. And this cake is just right for that kind of craving.
You can actually see how moist this cake was.
Fluffy Carrot Ginger Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 and ¼ cup all purpose flour (or whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 and ¼ cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 9 in round pan.
- Mix sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Whisk in milk and olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, vanilla powder and ginger powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Fold in grated carrot and lemon zest and pour the batter into the buttered pan.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Dust it with powdered sugar when it’s completely cooled.
Recipe source Giverecipe