I am enamored with Autumn! Beautiful weather, beautiful leaves! Beautifu colors, beautiful flavors! Beautiful decorations! I can’t get enough of it. I was so excited about buying decorations for my new school office that when I went to the store I totally forgot to buy what I went for. That is how cute all the decorations out there are right now! Gah!
The flavors of fall are amazing!
In my house as far as dessert goes it’s mostly apple or pumpkin. This recipe for Apple Cheesecake bars is absolutely amazing. All the ingredients were just meant to be together!
I don’t really like apples. I think they are kind of boring on their own but adding cheesecake to them makes them delicious! These bars were sweet, dense and heavy! Loved them!
Apple Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
- 12 Graham Cracker Sheets
- 50 Nilla Wafer Cookies
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Topping
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the Crust: Pulse graham crackers and Nilla Wafer cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Place in a bowl and stir in cinnamon and melted butter. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes, while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla with a hand held or stand mixer. Place apples in a small bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Make the topping by mixing all topping ingredients in a medium bowl with a hand mixer.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle with apples. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes (mine took 43). Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 3 hours before cutting.
Recipe source Crazy for Crust