Even though I am on summer break I still like to use my crock pot. I don’t use it as much as I do during the school year, but sometimes I would prefer to do something other than cook. Maybe we have plans for the day or maybe I’m just feeling lazy!
Either way I love my crock pot. This recipe was absolutely delicious!
I apologize for this huge picture! This was just so easy and really hit the spot.
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- 2 lb beef sirloin steak
- 1 garlic powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 large green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Can it be any easier than this?
Recipe from Kitch Me