Who loves rice pudding?? I do! I do! I can eat it warm or cold. It’s so easy to make and easy to make in large quantities. It’s similar to Arroz con Leche but the consisitency is definitely thicker.
I made this to share with my friends at work and everyone enjoyed it. I really enjoy feeding people. I am a total food pusher.
Vanilla Rice Pudding
Ingredients (makes about 2 cups)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sushi or Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- pinch of salt
- Place the milk, 3/4 cup cream, sugar, rice, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened.
- Test the rice to ensure it’s done. You want a firm bite, but no crunchy center.
- Remove the pudding from the heat, and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cream and the remaining 1/2 vanilla along with a pinch of salt.
- Serve warm; or refrigerate, well covered, and serve chilled. Sprinkle with a touch of ground cinnamon, if desired.
I totally love the consistency of this pudding.
Source King Arthur Flour