I love celebrating important things! This past Saturday we went to a housewarming party. Good food and new friends! Sunday we celebrated my Mom’s 70th birthday. It was a surprise and she was quite surprised. She’s the type of person who doesn’t ever want anyone to know how old she is but the cake had “Happy 70th Birthday” written on it so I guess now everyone knows! There are such horrible things in this world that I really believe the good things should be celebrated.
I have a no meat delicious dish for you today.
This was so good that I didn’t even miss the meat!
- 16 ounces your choice pasta (shells, rigatoni, etc…)
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine enchilada sauce, corn, beans, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Greek yogurt and green chiles; set aside.
- In a large pot combine cream cheese, chili powder and cumin until cream cheese has melted. Stir in pasta and enchilada mixture until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add pasta to prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
Simple and sassy!
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious