I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a very quiet weekend. Ran errands and trying new recipes. I guess it’s also the start of football season. That’s all I saw on Facebook for everyone. I wish I was a sports fan, but alas I am not. But don’t get me wrong, I don’t turn down any invites to any type of sports parties. I like the food and the company!
Summer is winding down and I am grateful. The weather is still a little crazy, hot one day and cooler the next.
I find that red cabbage is one of the vegetables that nobody know what do do with. How about throwing it in the oven?
This is super easy and also great for a crowd. No chopping ten million different vegetables for a salad.
Roasted Red Cabbage with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 red cabbage, cut into wedges
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing
Preheat the oven to 400.
Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
- Store in a resealable plastic baggie or small jar with tight-fitting lid in your spice cabinet.
- To make the ranch dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup milk (more or less depending on the consistency you want) with 1 Tbsp of the homemade ranch dressing seasoning mix. Season with salt, to taste. Use immediately and can refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Makes about 4 Tbsp worth of mix. Or use the ratios above and mix up however much you’ll need!If you prefer to grill these, be sure to place them over indirect heat on the grill. Depending on the temperature of the grill, they would take between 15-20 minutes to cook.
If you prefer to grill these, be sure to place them over indirect heat on the grill. Depending on the temperature of the grill, they would take between 15-20 minutes to cook.
You really can’t go wrong with this as a salad or a side for any meal. Think Thanksgiving maybe?
Recipe source 5dollardinners